Founded in 2023 by Laura Ward, LAURA WARD•CO is a communications consulting agency providing virtual expertise, new business coaching, and custom-tailored public relations solutions for solopreneurs, small business owners, and nonprofit organizations. Prior to launching LAURA WARD•CO, Laura owned and operated WardComm Public Relations from 2007-2019. She is well-known and respected for designing needs-focused, goal-oriented public relations projects and campaigns that deliver strong results. From generating awareness for clients’ products and services, to educating the public about overall brand and corporate or organizational identities, Laura makes a habit of creatively and effectively communicating clients’ most vital messages to target audiences on multiple levels.
LAURA WARD•CO is seeking a Spring 2024 (January-May) public relations intern. Resumes and writing samples from juniors and seniors majoring in public relations, communications, journalism, marketing, or English at a college/university located in Connecticut are welcome. Solid verbal and written communications skills are mandatory. Candidates must be available to work 10 hours per week between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday (occasional Friday and weekend events are possible) as well as occasionally travel within Connecticut for shadowing opportunities (e.g., client meetings, media interviews, events, etc.). Most work can be done remotely. This is an unpaid internship. However, any required travel expenses will be reimbursed.
- Juniors and seniors majoring in public relations, communications, journalism, marketing, or English at a college/university located in Connecticut
- Strong writing skills
- Experience using social media platforms, specifically Facebook, Instagram, X, Threads, and TikTok
- Familiar with Google-based apps, Canva, WordPress, Meta Business Suite, LinkTree, Zoom
- Writing (using AP Style) – press releases, blogs, newsletters
- Social Media – content creation, graphics, hashtag research, results measurement
- Monitoring – media and industry news/trends
- Research – media outlets/contacts, subject matter, new business pitches
- Written Pieces – Press Releases (possibly a press kit), Blogs, Newsletters
- Social Media Campaigns with Documented Results
Application Deadline: Friday, December 1, 2023
Please click the button below to schedule your internship interview via Zoom. After booking your appointment, please email your resume and two to three writing samples to email@example.com.
Remember: this post is for informational purposes only and may not be the best fit for you and your personal situation. It shall not be construed as legal, financial, or other business advice. The information and education provided here is not intended or implied to supplement or replace professional advice of your own attorney, accountant, or financial advisor. Always check with your own attorney, financial advisor, accountant, or other business professional before trying or implementing any information read here.